script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Working out

Let's be honest, working out isn't often on the top of our to-do list.  And, the thought of working out often makes me want to cry, since I'm already sleep deprived.

I am quite lucky!  K is amazing at playing independently, and keeping himself entertained.  All he needs is a bowl, or some other weird thing from the kitchen.  So, I have been working out at least 4 days a week, while he plays on his own and/or watches me work out.  He also enjoys laughing at me while I do this...  What a kid!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who doesn't have time for long workouts.  Although I would love to start Insanity again, those are 40 minutes long!  My baby cannot play on his own, without interruption for 40 minutes!  That's crazy talk!

So, here are some Stretchmarks Mommies approved, FREE workout programs that are short and extremely effective.  Don't think for a second that "only 15 minutes!" means it's going to be easy!

Bikini Body Mommy (http://bikinibodymommy.com)
Brianna Christine created a series of 90-day challenges, along with meal plans for mothers.  Her 20 (ish) minute videos combine cardio and strength exercises for a full-body workout.
There are also Facebook groups you can join in order to have accountability partners, who keep you on track and motivated throughout the challenges.  

Betty Rocker (http://makefatcrychallenge.com)
This girl doesn't mess around.  Her 30-day challenge is no joke, even if the daily workouts are only 15 minutes long!  She's got it all in this challenge - pilates, yoga, tabata workouts, cardio, etc.  You are guaranteed to break a sweat every time.  This program is actually my personal favourite!

Jillian Michaels 6-week Six Pack - you can find her videos on youtube!
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ8Zdj0OPMI&list=PL3-z68yfGgnC5itBwbe1QfEDFRs6xATjO)
I just started Level 1 this week, and although it targets your core, it's an intense, but doable, full body workout.  I love it!

S




No comments:

Post a Comment