script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Just go with it: That Don't Impress Me Much

This is about the moments where you, despite how you feel about the situation, must just roll with it, go with the flow and live those moments you never thought you'd have to.

My husband and I went to see Shania Twain in concert this weekend.  Shania is the REAL love of my husband's life.  We have an understanding when it comes to Shania (yes, we're on a first name basis).  He has permission to leave me for her, just like I have permission to leave for Jimmy Fallon.  Fair, right?

Anyways, this was an outdoor concert at a new park (don't even get me started on how disorganized and chaotic it was!).  We were so excited and made sure to read all of the "rules" on the website.  Here are some:
- No parking at the location.  Shuttle services will take you to the park.
- No outside food and beverages.
(A bunch more basic rules)
- Only purses and small backpacks allowed, and they WILL be searched.

Here's where my story begins.

I'm not a light packer, but I am an organized person!  So, here are the contents that made it into my backpack:

- Water bottles (they had to be small ones, or they'd be taken away)
- Towel
- My husband's medical supplies (a necessity!)
- Wallet
And..............
- My portable, travel size breast pump!

So of course, things got a little awkward when the big tough security guard with the spider and skull tattoos on his bald head looked through my bag.  Words were not exchanged, but the search ended very quickly, once he got to the breast pump.

The hand pump was really only there as a "just in case" kind of thing.  You know, boobs can be unpredictable.  Some days you thing they'll get huge if you're away from your LO and they won't.  Other days, you're away from you LO for like 2 hours and WABAM!  The ladies have grown 3 million sizes.  So, considering we were arriving at 12, waiting until 4 for the concert to start, watching three opening acts from 4 to 8:30 and THEN seeing Shania, I figured the pump would probably come in handy.

The issue here came up when I looked around this intense crowd of people drinking, eating, partying EVERYWHERE and I thought "Damn, my boobs are going to explode!  Where the heck am I going to pump?".  Well, ladies and gentleman, here is my "just go with it moment": I found myself pumping in a small, dirty, smelly... PORTO-POTTY!

That, is one thing I never, ever thought I would do in my life.  But there I was, staring at the green plastic walls around me, listening to the pumping "pfft, pfft, pfft, pfft", and checking my Facebook with the other hand, to make time go by just a little quicker.  On top of all that, breastmilk is like liquid gold!  Every drop counts, when your baby is starting to wean and pumping becomes more difficult.  Sadly, I had to dump it.  I dumped into the porto-potty.

What made it all better was seeing this amazing woman, who, I must admit, I have a lady crush on.

Sometimes, we gotta JUST GO WITH!

S




No comments:

Post a Comment