script src='http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js' type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mommy Dating

I remember after J was born, the first few weeks were a blur of sleep (or lack there of), nursing sessions, diaper changes and visitors.  Then things started to go back to "normal" (or whatever our new normal would be.)  My husband returned to work, the visitors slowed down and most of the time, I found myself alone with my precious bundle. 

So, when J was 6 weeks old I ventured out to my first play group.  Admittedly this was more for me then for him but I was desperate to meet other moms who would know exactly how I felt and what I was going through.  Don't get me wrong I have plenty of fabulous friends but I was the first of my group to get married and start a family.  So while I still love my pre-baby friends,  I wanted mommy friends.  And so began what I like to call mommy dating.  If you've been in my shoes you know what I'm talking about...


That summer I attended weekly play groups and met some amazing moms, a few of which became good friends.   However, it wasn't until the fall that I met the fabulous ladies I consider not only mommy friends but close friends.  I remember sitting there at mommy and me yoga when they came trickling in.  We started chatting and something seemed to click.  These girls were pretty fun and had adorable babies to boot.  I guess they decided I was alright too because they invited me to other mommy outings and the rest, as they say, is history!

They are my go-to for questions, worries, sharing milestones and just about anything else.  Our non-stop messenger chatter gets me through my days at home.  No matter what, they don't judge me.  Seriously, these ladies have seen my baby eat of the floor! (Do you know how hard it is to get a picky baby to eat?! At least the kid was finally eating.)  I am so thankful to have found them and I look forward to watching our babies grow together, first birthdays and so much more.  And of course we are excited to be sharing our journey with all of you!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment